Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year!

I just received an e-mail from Mr. Smith and he has directed the elementary teachers to have our Christmas party on Friday, January 4, 2013. The parties will start after lunch. I know the students hated having to miss school on Thursday. This is just a good lesson in patience. We will still do a gift exchange game. So boys bring a gift labeled "boy" and girls bring a gift labeled "girl." The food list is still on my blog.
Box top update: I'm so impressed with how many box top and Campbell points we turned in. We were asking neighbors, relatives, high school teachers with out kids in the elementary, para-pros, librarians, etc. We raised an amazing 8000 + labels. The only problem is that was 90 labels short of first place. I can't believe it.... second place again! The good news for the students is that the PTO is still awarding a pizza party for second place because of the massive amounts of labels turned in. So good job class. Thank you parents for putting up with my campaigning for these labels. Just remember there is a second semester competition too. So keep them coming in.
Have a safe and happy New Year.
Mr. Fredin